Industrial sludge is effectively treated and discharged using the following procedures:
- The sludge is transferred from the Primary Clarifier to the Sludge Tank using gravity force with the help of trained and authorized personnel.
- Then the sludge is supplied to the Sludge Thickener by a pressure pump to thicken the sludge.
- The Sludge Thickener transfers the thickened sludge to the Sludge Drying Bed, which dries the sludge and makes sludge cakes using gravity force.
- After drying is complete, the sludge is packed and discharged to the final sludge holding area, which is tacked and documented on a register.
- Finally, the sludge is disposed as per legal guidelines.